I have some quick updates for you and some blogging awards for some new bloggers that you need to check out.
First, garden updates:
1. The tomatoes have left the building. Tomatoes from seed proved too difficult for this novice gardener. I plan to hit up the farmer’s market next week to buy some plants and chalk it up to experience. On a brighter note….
2. We harvested our first batch of spinach!
We were both surprised at how good it tasted. Who knew we could actually grow something so good?
Versatile Blogger Award
I have been nominated by several blogs for a Versatile blogger award. Most recently by Susan at the Little French Bakery.
There are two parts of this award. First, you share 7 random facts and then you pass the award along.
Here are my random facts:
1. I have had the same best friend for almost 30 years. We grew up across the street from each other and are still best friends. To be honest, I think of her more as a sister than a friend. After this long, she’s stuck with me, for better or for worse. We may not talk every day but I know I think about her every day and I know I would drop everything if she needed me to and what’s even cooler is I know she would do the same.
2. I have a scary sounding disease that really translates into ‘I hate being cold.’ I was recently diagnosed with Raynaud’s Syndrome. When I get chilled or even when I touch something cold for too long, my fingers go white and numb. This makes it very difficult to type. Because of this, my goal in the morning is always to stay as warm as possible. I crank up the space heater, bundle up, and wrap myself in blankets. I probably look ridiculous but I stay warm. I am supposed to take an ungodly amount of fish oil to help it but I am grossed out by fish oil so I think I will just keep bundling up. Did you know they advertise a non-burping form of fish oil? This means the regular stuff makes you burp. Fish burps = gross.
I should also mention that I only bring it up when I can use it as a scapegoat. Like when Manatee asks me to get out of bed to turn off the light or when I ask him to get me a cup of tea, “I can’t do it, I have this disease,” I begin dramatically. I also plan to blame all future typos on it.
3. I love baking but quickly get tired of eating my baked goods. This makes me very popular with Manatee’s co-workers.
4. I have an unbelievable memory. Manatee and I took a memory test together at a leadership conference. The average was 7 out of 20. He got 3. I got 19. He can’t pull the ‘you didn’t tell me’ or ‘I never said that’ anymore. My mind is a steel trap.
5. I am addicted to motivational cds. I listen to them all of the time. When I have two glasses of wine, I have been known to start quoting them, so if you need an inspirational talk, just buy me a few drinks.
6. It’s been one year since I left corporate America. I can’t believe it but it’s true. I walked out of that office and went directly to Woodman’s grocery store. At the time, I didn’t realize how telling that would be of my life after corporate. It’s been liberating, difficult, invigorating, and terrifying. I think that means I made the right choice…
7. I got a new camera. I don’t know if this counts as a random fact, but I am super excited about it.
And the Award Goes to….
Here some more new blogs that you really need to check out and definitely deserve an award. This is a mix of cooking, writing, and history blogs, mostly from great new writers from the Writer’s Institute that happened a few weeks ago.
Winners of this award must share 7 random facts and pass the award on to other new bloggers.
What advice do you have for a new blogger?