Happy Healthy Blogger Thursday!
I had to do green because this week’s Healthy Blogger is Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean.
And as a side note, I always want to turn her blog into the The Lean Mean Green Bean. I must have had a bad experience with a green bean when I was little.
Back to Lindsay: if you do not know her or her blog, then you are missing out. She is a blogging wonder star. She heads up one of my favorite blogging groups: Foodie Penpals. Every month, foodies all over the world exchange foodie care packages. I love it!
On top of that, she is a sweetheart. She is always quick to respond to questions and comments. Her blog is amazing. She is studying to become a registered dietician and I love seeing her healthy and yummy recipe. I think you are going to love what she has in store for you today.
Without further adieu, heeeerrreeee’s Lindsay!
I’m Lindsay and I blog over at The Lean Green Bean. I’m in school to become a Registered Dietitian and I blog about food, fitness and little bit about life When Kimberly asked me to help her out with a healthy guest post, I jumped at the chance. I love her blog and her philosophy about life!
I wanted to share with you guys a recipe I came up with back in August of last year. My husband and I decided to stop eating meat at the beginning of August. We still occasionally eat fish, and we are not vegans. Salmon is one of my favorite fish to eat because it’s packed with protein and omega 3′s. Omega 3′s help protect against heart disease and promote healthy skin!
The first time I made this recipe, I told my husband that they would either turn out REALLY well or REALLY badly. Lucky for us, they were delicious! We love Asian flavors and my hubby has always loved burgers, so this was a win for everyone.
Thai Peanut Salmon Burgers
- 1 lb fresh salmon
- 1/2 c sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp low sodium teryaki or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1/4 c plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c panko breadcrumbs
- Cook salmon in a hot pan until cooked through. Flake with a fork and let cool slightly. (You could also used pre-cooked salmon or canned salmon)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
- Form into 4 patties and place in the freezer while the oven preheats to 425 degrees F. (You could also cook these in a pan or on the grill, but I would still recommend freezing them for at least 15 minutes)
- Bake for 18 minutes, flipping once until heated through and brown on both sides.
So tell me, what’s your favorite burger?
Thanks so much for reading and feel free to pop on over the The Bean for more recipe inspiration and fitness tips! I love making new friends