I started out by buying way too many peaches. With my 3 lb sack of fruit, I was a little disappointed to see I only need 1 lb. Oh, well. Peaches are heavier than you may think. Next I realized I had to find a way to get the skin off the peach. After a little research, I found the answer: score and blanch.
Peeling a Peach
- Prepare a bowl of ice water next to your stove.
- Put a large pot of water on high heat and get it up to a rolling boil.
- Start by scoring an x into the base of the peach.
- Add the peaches and boil for about a minute.
- Remove peaches and place in an ice cold water bath for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- As you can see, the skin is begging to be peeled off the peach now. Peel off the skin and set aside.
Quarter a peach
There is a reason there are no pictures here. This was not pretty. I ended up slicing them in half and then cutting it off, piece by piece.
I suspect this was not the most efficient method out there. Anyone have any tips for quartering a peach?
To see what I did with my peaches, click here.