Happy Foodie Penpals Reveal Day!
I got some amazing treats from Laura at Sprint 2 the Table.
I was super excited to find out Laura had me. In case you missed it, she recently did a guest blog here and I think the world of her.
Her goodie box did not disappoint. She raided the bulk food section for some healthy treats.
March Foodie Penpal Treats:
Green tea caramels: When I saw these, I was skeptical. Now that I have had them, I am dying to get more. I haven’t been able to find them in Madison, any ideas where I can get more?
Dark Chocolate Chipotle Almonds: They are better than they sound…and they sound pretty good, don’t you think?
Hazelnut paste: I still haven’t used this. Still trying to think of the perfect baked good for it. Any ideas?
Dried peaches: These were to die for! I don’t even really like dried fruit but I looked forward to these as dessert after lunch for weeks.
And then Manatee ate my last two.
I am still not really over it.
Chocolate Covered Popped Amaranth: Little puzzled by these but I put them in granola bars for a special chocolatey treat.
I called them Clean Cocoa Krispie bars because they tasted just like Cocoa Krispies but a LOT healthier.
Who wants to get treats in the mail?
Foodie Penpals is one of my favorite blog exchange/groups. Here are the details on this awesome program:
On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for April, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!
What is your favorite bulk food treat? Know where I can get some green tea caramels?