Got company? Then you need this recipe.
When I talked with Matt Pace from Monty’s Blue Plate Diner, he shared with me a ridiculously simple recipe to feed the masses.
Chicken Legs, Sausage and Vegetables
6 chicken legs
6 Italian Sausages or Chicken Sausages
Dried or fresh herbs
2 small zucchini*
2 small yellow squash*
2 sweet peppers*
1 red onion*
1 white onion*
1 package of white mushrooms*
*You can really pick whatever vegetables you like. Summer squash, peppers and onions work well but feel free to modify according to your tastes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut up vegetables into 2-3 inch chunks.
- Layer vegetables in bottom of roasting pan.
- Nestle chicken legs and sausages in between the vegetables.
- Sprinkle on spices and herbs. We used dried oregano and dried basil. You could also use Italian Seasoning or fresh herbs if available.
- Pour chicken broth and wine over meat and vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip chicken legs and sausages. Return to oven and bake uncovered for additional 20-30 minutes. When the juices run clear from the chicken, it’s done.
- Serve with pasta, rice or crusty bread. Enjoy!
Recipe Review: I tried it out with my parents and they loved it. This is more impressive than you think. My parents love me and I will admit, some may even call me spoiled, but these are two picky eaters who aren’t afraid to voice their opinions. My dad is never afraid to tell me what could make it better whether it be a dish, a speech or my business, and my mother, well she is still the only one I know who doesn’t like my famous salad dressing.
That being said, they both loved the recipe. My dad’s only suggestion was to serve with pasta which is what Matt told me to do in the first place so (as usual) my dad was right. We ate it with crusty bread because I am always looking for an excuse to eat things with crusty bread.
This recipe is going to be tucked into my repertoire for feeding a crowd. Thanks Matt!