It’s a Fiesta!
More specifically, a fiesta in my mailbox, all thanks to Foodie Penpals.
Thanks to Sarah at Walking on My Own Two Feet, Manatee and I will be enjoying a taco night sometime very soon.
I was super excited to open the box and find this.
I love this brown rice and I’m a guac-a-holic so this was a great start to a great package.
Trader Joe’s Salsa, fat free refried beans, green chiles (yummmm!), taco seasoning, and organic taco shells.
Thank you Sarah!
To see what I sent, check out what I sent Monica at Sweet Heat Chefs.
Past Foodie Penpals posts
If you weren’t intrigued already, check out some of my past Foodie Penpals posts and then read about how you can sign up.
Sign Me Up!
Foodie Penpals is one of my favorite blog exchange/groups. Here are the details on this awesome program:
On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
I have all the taco makings, but no filling. What is your favorite taco filling?