I always like these posts by other bloggers, so thought I would give it a go.
I don’t know about you guys, but this last week was tough. It was the week after a vacation and I think we were all trying to settle into a groove. Add onto that a deadline and the realization that I truly can’t work unless I have a sitter. Well, let’s just say I am glad it’s Friday.
1. I learned this week that if I don’t empty my dishwasher before noon, I’m screwed.
2. Every day this week, I have stepped on the scale and watched it go down. This is the opposite of my pregnancy where I would have weeks where every day I gained weight. It’s amazing. I credit this all to the 21 day fix nutrition plan. Seriously, people. If you are looking to lose some weight, this program works. You eat totally clean and you get your portions back in check. I’m not surprised that the new BeachBody programs are all taking on the 21 day fix nutrition plan. This also means that you can do a different workout (like super fun Cize! or hardcore Hammer and Chisel) and get the same nutrition plan. Email me for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org). I’m excited to share more as I go through the program. I am doing the nutrition plan with Hammer and Chisel. Oh, and I had wine every single night this week. So, I’m not even the 21 day fix poster child. And I had the wine because….
3. Potty training is soul sucking. Okay, maybe that’s dramatic. It’s draining. It exhausts me. There are times when I just want to slap on a diaper and call it a day. And G is actually pretty good at it. It has to get better. And this is temporary. That’s been my mantra this week when I’ve been stressed, ‘this is temporary.’
4. I’ve been channeling my inner Graphic Designer this week in my coach training. Check out my mood board.
In case you missed it, I tied it with my blog. Your mind is blown right? Like those Jet commercials? Okay, so all my graphic designer friends, I know you are probably snickering because I picked fonts that totally don’t go and I did have a costume designer professor tell me that I have no sense of color, but I’m a writer and I had trouble getting all the graphics to work in the program I was using (hence my only shape is a circle) so give me a break. It was really fun to do. If I didn’t have two kids and an impending deadline, I could have spent hours playing with that stuff.
5. I started tennis lessons today! It was really fun. I am really glad it’s private and I’m so excited that in 5 years or so, I will be able to hold my own with G. Yes, she will be 7 years old. After that, I expect her to beat me.
6. Everyone is raving about Hammer and Chisel, but I think the hot new workout is Cize. I have so much fun doing them and I always end up sweaty and out of breath. Which to me means I worked out. I finally got the Bruno Mars down aka I can do it without staring at Shaun T. I think I’m ready for my music video…..
7. Meal Plan fail this week! On Wednesday, I planned way too elaborate of a meal and then failed to empty the dishwasher (see #1) and I couldn’t put G2 down all afternoon. This led to me recruiting a sous chef to help with dinner.
I think her favorite part of helping me was announcing dinner was ready.
And in case you are wondering those are butternut squash and sweet potato noodles I made with my spiralizer. They were amazing. G was excited about the mushrooms.
8. I’ve been cooking out of this book for the last two weeks and love it. It’s probably the best paleo cookbook I’ve seen or used. More on that in a future post….
9. January is my favorite month. I feel like there is so much hope in the air and people are so motivated and magazines always do healthy issues. There is so much promise. We usually take a trip in February so that probably helps too.
10. Has anyone tried cheesy cauliflower “bread” sticks? We will making a version of these tonight. Can’t wait to see how they turn out!
I hope you have a wonderful Friday!
I would love to hear from you. Tell me something random about your week.