Don’t let my late posting fool you; I have been super excited about this month’s Foodie Penpals.
Yesterday was a day of tech disasters. You name it, it happened. Seriously. Perhaps you saw ‘domain expired’ page or when my blog had a case of multiple personality disorder? Or noticed that at one point I had six different email addresses? I even thought I had deleted my pictures from Laura’s package. This would have been the real disaster because
a-I was so excited about her package and
b-I ate all of the goodies she sent.
Luckily, I recovered the picture and I learned my lessons about messing with code. Again.
My Gluten-Free Care Package
When the foodie penpal matches were announced and I told Laura that I was starting to avoid wheat products, she replied that she couldn’t wait to send me all of her gluten-free treats. I could not be more excited.
Manatee and I have been trying to cut gluten out of our diets, but like everything we’re not quite perfect. We still love our beer and I still love an occasional wheat treat. That being said, the word of gluten-free products is unknown territory for us so this seemed like a great way to try some new products.
I was not disappointed.
I received this great sampler pack from Bakery on Main. Six different types of granola, three granola bars, and a great re-usable grocery bag.
It’s been great to have a snack to throw into my bag or to eat the granola with a sliced banana. Thanks Laura!
What I Sent
I was paired with Lindsay who is working on her blog, Pink Sneakers, but doesn’t have it up and running. She sent me information that I could post about the package I sent to her.
Past Foodie Penpals posts
If you weren’t intrigued already, check out some of my past Foodie Penpals posts and then read about how you can sign up.
Sign Me Up!
Foodie Penpals is one of my favorite blog exchange/groups. Here are the details on this awesome program:
On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for May, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
What is your favorite gluten-free goodie? Anyone else have Bridge Mix before? That was a staple at every gathering when I was growing up.